In this Statement, “A Drive Computers”, “our”, “us” or “we” means A Drive Computers. The reference to ‘you’ or ‘customers’ means A Drive Computers customers. The reference to “site” means “adrivecomputers.com.au”
‘A Drive Computers’ is commitment to Privacy
As a small business, we are bound by the Privacy Act. Under the Act, we can choose to develop and be bound by a Privacy Code or choose to comply with the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act. We have chosen to be bound by the National Privacy Principles.
How we collect personal information
We collection your personal information in various ways by:
• Service Request Form for repairing computers;
• Application form for joining our Inkjet Club;
• Signing up to Internet Service Providers;
• Paying by EFTPOS;
• Paying by Cheque;
• By phone, faxes and e-mails;
• Buying or selling 2nd hand parts
Personal information held by A Drive Computers
We only collect personal information from you that are necessary to provide our services to you. The personal information we collect about you depends on the services you request from us and the use you make of those services. Personal information held by us or information that is forwarded to Internet Service Providers may include:
• your name, address and contact details;
• your date of birth;
• drivers licence;
• credit card details;
• contact notes about you;
• purchasing history;
• e-mail address
Use of your personal information
We recognise that any personal information is very important to you, and that you should have a right to control the use and dissemination of that information. The primary purpose for which we use your personal information is to provide us with contact information and provide you with Internet related services. Other purposes for which your personal information also might be used include:
• providing you with customer service;
• history of goods purchased for the purpose of obtaining warranty and assistance in buying previous goods;
• signing up to internet service provider;
• obtaining manufacture warranty;
• registering software on your behalf;
• obtaining educational discounts from software companies;
• profiling our obligation by law as a Second Hand Dealer;
• debt collection
Contracting out services and disclosures
The information we collect from you is strictly confidential. We will not reveal, disclose, sell, rent or pass that information on to any third parties unless they are contracted to us to keep the information confidential or are required to comply with all relevant laws including the Privacy Act 1988. Services that we contract out include providing internet access, obtaining manufacture warranty, registering software, mailing of bills and debt collection. We may disclose personal information for the purpose specified to you at the time of collection or for another purpose if:
• you would reasonably expect us to disclose it for that purpose; and
• that purpose is related to the purpose specified to you at the time of collection.
If we should wish to disclose any of the personal information other than as set out above, we will not do so unless we have your express consent.
Exceptions to this include:
• where there are reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health; or
• where we suspect that unlawful activity is or has been engaged in and uses the personal information to investigate the suspected unlawful activity; or
• the use or disclosure is authorised or required by law or reasonably necessary to enforce the law.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons.
Using our web site
The cookie is required to enable us to manage the shopping basket and the titles you are ordering. For example, if you leave the site while shopping, the cookie ensures your basket details remain until you return to the site.
How we use the information
We may use your information to enable us to fulfil any online orders you may place.
We will not without your prior consent disclose personal information collected about you on this website to any other party except in the case of our carriers to whom we supplier your name and address details, as well as any particular delivery instructions you have given us.
Links to other websites
Access and correction of personal information
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. We will generally not charge you with a fee for access to your personal information, unless requests are considered unnecessarily numerous, extensive or otherwise vexatious. Also if you wish to have a copy of the personal information, charges that cover the administrative costs of providing the information to you might apply. To request access to your personal information, please contact customer service on 0755412333 or e-mail email@example.com .
If for any reason we refuse to give you access to your personal information, we will provide you with the reasons for our decision. The circumstances in which access to personal information may be limited or denied include where giving you access:
• would pose a serious threat to life or health of any individual or pose an unreasonable impact on the privacy of an individual;
• would prejudice any negotiations or legal proceedings between you and us;
• would prejudice the detection and investigation of unlawful activity; or
• would prejudice enforcement of laws.
If you believe that we hold personal information that you consider to be inaccurate, incomplete or not up-to-date, please contact our customer service on 0755412333. In most cases we will amend any inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date information. In the event of an unresolved disagreement, either you or us may append an explanatory note to the data in question.
Privacy Complaints and Organisational Details
You can complain about breaches of your Privacy to us or alternatively in writing (e-mail, fax or letter) to:
A Drive Computers
PO Box 592
Beaudesert, Queensland, 4285
Fax: 07 55413 829
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org